[mythtv-users] HDCP Key out?

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at comcast.net
Tue Sep 14 17:04:01 UTC 2010

On 09/14/2010 08:49 AM, Robert McNamara wrote:
> there's still the
> HDFury+HD-PVR option which is functionally (and resultswise) basically
> the same exact thing as trying to capture the raw HDMI output.

Almost, but not quite the same thing. Currently they can revoke the key used by the HDFury and turn all of them into bricks. I
don't believe they have done this yet because I think it shares a key with another more popular product, but if HDFury becomes
common, they could do it.

This key announcement means that a device could be designed that could be easily re-programmed to use a new key. This means it
could not be bricked.