[mythtv-users] Jamu unable to update database schema

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at computer.org
Tue Sep 14 18:46:46 UTC 2010

All,

Been googling unsuccessfully. Problem is that after an update from
Ubuntu 9.04 to 9.10 (and hence from MythTV 0.21 to 0.22) I get hourly
emails saying that jamu is unable to update the database schema.

Error message follows:

/etc/cron.hourly/mythvideo:
#CRITICAL - DB speaks schema version 1016, but we speak version 1028

! Error: The MythTV python interface is not installed or Cannot connect
to MythTV Backend. MythTV meta data cannot be updated

I've reinstalled (apt-get install --reinstall) all MythTV and Python
components that I can think of, without success.

I'd be grateful for any hints.

root at via:~# mythbackend --version
Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 22594
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-22-fixes
Network Protocol : 50
Library API      : 0.22.20091023-1
QT Version       : 4.5.2
Options compiled in:
  linux profile using_oss using_alsa using_pulse using_jack
using_backend using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend
using_glx_proc_addr_arb using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv
using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libfftw3 using_lirc using_mheg
using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11
using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld using_xvmcw
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl using_vdpau
using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live using_mheg

Thanks, Jan