[mythtv-users] Jamu unable to update database schema

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at computer.org
Tue Sep 14 19:20:50 UTC 2010

On 14/09/10 20:52, Robert McNamara wrote:
>> Error message follows:
>>
>> /etc/cron.hourly/mythvideo:
>> #CRITICAL - DB speaks schema version 1016, but we speak version 1028
>>
>> ! Error: The MythTV python interface is not installed or Cannot connect to
>> MythTV Backend. MythTV meta data cannot be updated
>
> It actually says that it can't update metadata.  Jamu isn't supposed
> to (and never will) handle DB schema updates.  Your copy of Jamu is
> newer than your mythvideo schema-- so you either haven't updated
> mythvideo, or haven't started the FE since to update the schema.  1028
> is the .23 MythVideo schema (the copy of Jamu you have installed),
> 1016 is .21 (the mythvideo database schema you are running).

Thanks Robert. You're right on all counts, except that I haven't
knowingly installed a newer jamu.

root at via:~# cat /etc/cron.hourly/mythvideo
#!/bin/sh
#Hourly massive update to ensure users see graphics coming in for
upcoming recordings and current recordings
DIRECTORY=$(grep ^mythtv /etc/passwd | awk -F : '{print $6}')
if [ -f "$DIRECTORY/.mythtv/config.xml" ]; then
     su mythtv -c "/usr/bin/python
/usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/jamu.py -MW >>
'/var/log/mythtv/jamu.log'"
fi

root at via:~# apt-file search /usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/jamu.py
mythvideo: /usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/jamu.py
root at via:~# dpkg -l | grep mythvideo
ii  mythvideo
0.22.0+fixes22594-0ubuntu1                                 A generic
video player frontend module for MythTV

The version string in the jamu script says 0.5.5. I of course accept
that the script is the wrong version, but this seems to be a packaging
error on Ubuntu's part.

Could you suggest a way forward; should I cherry-pick another version of
the jamu script from the sources for example?

Thanks, Jan