[mythtv-users] Jamu unable to update database schema

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 19:26:45 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 12:20 PM, Jan Ceuleers
<jan.ceuleers at computer.org> wrote:
> On 14/09/10 20:52, Robert McNamara wrote:
>>>
>>> Error message follows:
>>>
>>> /etc/cron.hourly/mythvideo:
>>> #CRITICAL - DB speaks schema version 1016, but we speak version 1028
>>>
>>> ! Error: The MythTV python interface is not installed or Cannot connect
>>> MythTV Backend. MythTV meta data cannot be updated
>>
>> It actually says that it can't update metadata.  Jamu isn't supposed
>> to (and never will) handle DB schema updates.  Your copy of Jamu is
>> newer than your mythvideo schema-- so you either haven't updated
>> mythvideo, or haven't started the FE since to update the schema.  1028
>> is the .23 MythVideo schema (the copy of Jamu you have installed),
>> 1016 is .21 (the mythvideo database schema you are running).
>
> Thanks Robert. You're right on all counts, except that I haven't knowingly
> installed a newer jamu.
>
> root at via:~# cat /etc/cron.hourly/mythvideo
> #!/bin/sh
> #Hourly massive update to ensure users see graphics coming in for upcoming
> recordings and current recordings
> DIRECTORY=$(grep ^mythtv /etc/passwd | awk -F : '{print $6}')
> if [ -f "$DIRECTORY/.mythtv/config.xml" ]; then
>    su mythtv -c "/usr/bin/python /usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/jamu.py
> -MW >> '/var/log/mythtv/jamu.log'"
> fi
>
> root at via:~# apt-file search /usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/jamu.py
> mythvideo: /usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/jamu.py
> root at via:~# dpkg -l | grep mythvideo
> ii  mythvideo 0.22.0+fixes22594-0ubuntu1                                 A
> generic video player frontend module for MythTV
>
> The version string in the jamu script says 0.5.5. I of course accept that
> the script is the wrong version, but this seems to be a packaging error on
> Ubuntu's part.
>
> Could you suggest a way forward; should I cherry-pick another version of the
> jamu script from the sources for example?
>
> Thanks, Jan

Are you intending still to be running MythTV .21?  Because your
MythVideo DB is a .21 version-- so the options are 1) If you are
wanting to run .23, get a .23 version of MythVideo installed and start
the frontend at least once, allowing it to upgrade the DB, 2) if you
are wanting to run .21, disable Jamu.  It only works with .22 +.

Robert