[mythtv-users] Jamu unable to update database schema

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at computer.org
Tue Sep 14 19:40:57 UTC 2010

On 14/09/10 21:26, Robert McNamara wrote:
> Are you intending still to be running MythTV .21?  Because your
> MythVideo DB is a .21 version-- so the options are 1) If you are
> wanting to run .23, get a .23 version of MythVideo installed and start
> the frontend at least once, allowing it to upgrade the DB, 2) if you
> are wanting to run .21, disable Jamu.  It only works with .22 +.

No, I want to run 0.22. All MythTV components that are installed are
0.22. I however don't want to (and in fact can't) run the frontend on
the master backend, and I want to get the master backend fully up &
running before I try to get the frontend back up.

Unless of course you tell me that there is no need to solve my present
problem before upgrading the frontend (which I keep powered down until
I'm ready to upgrade it).

The longer-term plan is to move the distro to Ubuntu 10.04 (and hence
presumably MythTV 0.23), but not until I get the Ubuntu 9.10 upgrade
completed on all machines. One baby step at a time :-)

Thanks again, Jan