[mythtv-users] handbrake playback sounds like the chipmunks

Bob Gamble kiksadiweb at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 21:39:58 UTC 2010

I should start a new post on this instead of piggy backing on others.  I
don't see any similar posts...

I'm usng ubuntu 9.10 and recording mythtv shows very reliably.  I used to be
able to use nuvexport's text menu to transcode shows to a smaller xvid
format.  That doesn't work any more.  I get:

Waiting for mythtranscode to set up the fifos.
Starting ffmpeg.
processed:  0 of 107455 frames at 0 fps (~%, eta: unknown)
ffmpeg finished.
processed:  0 of 107455 frames at 0 fps (~%, eta: unknown)

So after messing with mythexport settings for a while and not getting
anywhere, I decided to try handbrake-gtk.  I ran mythrename.pl and linked my
recordings to a local folder.  Selecting one of these as the source then
transcoding appears to go fine with no apparent errors.  I have tried all
the presets as well as some recommended manual configs.  When I playback the
video it is multiple times faster in both sound and video.

Any one else experience this with handbrake?