[mythtv-users] OT: Google - big brother? or I going mad?

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Wed Sep 15 15:51:54 UTC 2010

>> But it makes me very uneasy to take advantage of all these "free"
>> services, anything "free" usually turns out to be worth
>> the cost, or to actually cost   much more in the end.
>
> Kinda funny reading that on a mailinglist meant for discussing a free
> software product :)

Actually, he's got one heck of a point. I've been using Linux since 1991 and open source projects in countless networking setups.
In networking, the costs saved are absolutely incredible while on projects like this, simply buying something that works right out of the box DOES save a TON of time and money.

I don't even have a fully working box yet and I've already spent enough that I could have bought a top of the line purpose built box that would have been working since day one. All I have to show at the moment is a lot of money spent, an even larger amount of time spent and still nothing fully working.

He's got a VERY good point :).