[mythtv-users] xorg.conf for fx5200

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Sep 15 16:19:20 UTC 2010

On 09/15/2010 11:24 AM, mike at grounded.net wrote:
>>   Starting mythbackend: /usr/bin/mythbackend: error while loading shared
>>   libraries: libvdpau.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
>>   directory
>
> The fun continues as I find that the missing library is actually already installed but, not in the proper location?
> Package libvdpau-0.4-1.fc12.i686 already installed and latest version

On my x86_64 desktop I have  libvdpau.so.1 files in *both* /usr/lib and
/usr/lib64. In each case they are symlinks to a libvdpau.so.256.53 file
in their respective directory. The two ..256.53 files *differ* in size.
But that makes sense.
Try symlinking a copy into /usr/lib from whereever yours is installed.

Wild guesses at this point.
Is /usr/lib listed in the /etc/ld.so.conf file?
Are you using x86_64 and if so, is /usr/lib64 listed ahead of /usr/lib
in /etc/ld.so.conf?
Install the x86_64 version of libvdpau-0.4-1.fc12?

Did you run ldconfig after installing?
(The nvidia bin installer reports it does that...but...)

I am guessing that mythbackend is looking for that file as it was
compiled with that capability. If you are installing from svn, turn OFF
the 'enable-vdpau' switch in 'configure' and re-make.
If you installed from a binary rpm|tarball then you will have to
find/fix the problem...

              R. Geoffrey Newbury
          newbury at mandamus.org