[mythtv-users] Bindings not upgrading

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Sep 15 17:48:07 UTC 2010

  On 09/15/2010 01:40 PM, aaron wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 13:36, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>   On 09/15/2010 07:41 AM, aaron wrote:
>>> I've been using trunk for years and years and usually don't have any
>>> problems, but at some point I started having issues with the bindings.
>> Read the output of configure.  It's telling you you're missing one or more
>> pre-requisite Perl and Python modules, so it disables the install of the
>> bindings.  Install the pre-requisites and it will install the bindings.
> Thanks Mike. I'll post the output of configure when I get home, but I
> had checked it and I didn't see it complaining about anything, and in
> the summary it says "Yes" for both Python and Perl bindings. I will
> check it again, though.

If that's the case, then the problem for the Perl bindings is you have 2
copies of the bindings installed.  One old copy in the place it always
used to install (the place where Perl said is the right place) and the
other in the place you specified with --prefix (which may not be the
right place, according to Perl--and, if nothing else, doesn't seem to be
the first place checked by Perl on your setup).

TTBOMK, that can't happen with the Python bindings because they still
install to the place Python says is the right place.

Mike