[mythtv-users] Bindings not upgrading

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 18:23:47 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 14:16, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:

> It seems at some point, you have changed from a '--prefix=/usr' to
> '--prefix=/usr/local'.  You never uninstalled the old bindings, and
> /usr/lib/... shows up in the search path prior to the current location.  For
> the python bindings, you can go to the mythtv/mythtv/bindings/python in your
> checkout, and run 'python setup.py uninstall --prefix=/usr' to clear out the
> old install.

"I never did that" (famous last words :) )

I've always been happy enough letting Myth install to /usr/local, but
I did see some issue with "./configure --prefix" so maybe I did manage
to screw up my system somehow.... hm.... if I did run --prefix with no
value ... would it start installing into /lib? :)

aaron