[mythtv-users] xorg.conf for fx5200

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 01:30:42 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 7:08 PM, mike at grounded.net <mike at grounded.net> wrote:
>> JYA rather - http://avenard.com/media/MythTV_%26_VDPAU/MythTV_%26_VDPAU.html
>
> This says that one needs to have nVidia drivers version 180.x and above installed first. I'm using legacy 173 I believe.
> Went ahead and ran the patch and it's just sitting there, seems to be hung up.

Yeah, I am unsure of what to do with legacy - heck - your card does
not even support vdpau..  I really do not see why a backend has to
have it, but I'm sure there is a good reason.  All I know is that for
a few months, the open sourced libvdpau and the one shipped with
nvidia were different (although I think you could run either)..

the ldd or strace is your best bet..  strace/ltrace will tell you
exactly on what library or call it is dieing..  Then you should be
able to go from there..

-Greg