[mythtv-users] UK Radio Times XML feed down

malcolm malcolm.torrent at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 17:12:45 UTC 2010

On 16/09/10 17:13, dlknight at sdf.lonestar.org wrote:
> Been troubleshooting mythfilldatabase and tv_grab_uk_rt for hours now and
> finally found its not me at all its the xml feed on the radio times
> website return zero data...
>
> http://www.birtles.org.uk/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=334
>
> Has anyone else noticed this?
>
> Cheers
>
> Dave K.

the XMLTV validator runs every night and the results are advertised here:
http://www.crustynet.org.uk/~xmltv-tester/squeeze/nightly/

When I have problems with uk_rt data I always check there first to see
if its a glitch at my end or if the service was down.
Also, past experience has told me that the RT website is updated in the
early hours, my best guess is between 3 and 5 am (UK time).
By default mythfilldatabase is set to run at a random time between 2 and
5 am.
i find I get better results if I move my mythfilldatabase to after 5am,
i.e. 5 - 8am. That way I get the latest data and still avoid peak net
traffic hours.