[mythtv-users] xorg.conf for fx5200

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Thu Sep 16 20:08:37 UTC 2010

> Assuming you are using gdm as your desktop manager (and if you are
> using mythdora, I believe that is correct), you can restart X by doing
> "killall gdm-binary".  You may need to be root to do this or use sudo.
> There could be other ways to do it as well (and I know there are ways
> to do it if you are in front of the computer), but this is how I
> usually do it as I ssh in the box a lot and use this to force restart
> myth from my remote.

Yup, seems to be gdm

# ps -aux | grep gdm-binary
Warning: bad syntax, perhaps a bogus '-'? See /usr/share/doc/procps-3.2.8/FAQ
root      1696  0.0  0.1   5980   948 ?        Ss   14:49   0:00 /usr/sbin/gdm-binary -nodaemon

As for ssh, since it's all internal only, I usually just disable the root no loging for sshd.

So, seems to be recording ok so that's a start. Still don't see output on composite of the 5200 yet but haven't checked those connections recently, unless I need to enable some other things in xorg.conf.

What concerns me is that running nvidia x server settings app on x keeps telling me the x driver isn't loaded. I've already done those steps.