[mythtv-users] xorg.conf for fx5200

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Fri Sep 17 01:41:41 UTC 2010

Strange, in the GUI, that update ended up taking the nvidia x server settings app from Applications/System tools and moving it to System/Administration. Either way, firing that up still says the x driver isn't loaded. It's telling me to run nvidia-xconfig which I'll do.

However, before doing this update, the other nvidia app was at least showing a number of settings, so, running.

Every time, after running it, rebooting or restarting x, nothing changes.

I also see the Livna config tool in System/Administration which seems to have similar info. Why two?

I also notice;

[root at my10 ~]# more /etc/ld.so.conf
include ld.so.conf.d/*.conf

>Your /var/log/Xorg.log.0 should have entries for every output the
>nvidia module sees and tell you what they are.  That's the fastest way

I don't see anything too relevant, no obvious errors at least. Here's some of that log.

>If nvidia-settings still tells you that you're not running the nvidia module, there may be a
>fedora package like "nvidia-common" or something that's installed that
>provides that..  Something like yum whatprovides nvidia-settings might

[root at my10 ~]# yum whatprovides nvidia-settings
Loaded plugins: presto, refresh-packagekit
nvidia-settings-1.0-3.4.fc12.i686 : Configure the NVIDIA graphics driver
Repo        : mythdora
Matched from:

nvidia-settings-1.0-5.fc12.i686 : Configure the NVIDIA graphics driver
Repo        : rpmfusion-nonfree-updates
Matched from:

nvidia-settings-1.0-4.fc12.i686 : Configure the NVIDIA graphics driver
Repo        : rpmfusion-nonfree-updates
Matched from:

nvidia-settings-1.0-5.fc12.i686 : Configure the NVIDIA graphics driver
Repo        : installed
Matched from:
Other       : Provides-match: nvidia-settings

>That version of nvidia-settings may be too new for that
>legacy module..  You may have to find an older one somewhere.  Or may
>need to run nvidia-xconfig --no-composite as well??

I'm at the point where perhaps it's time to buy another card since nothing seems to work and I'm wasting everyone's time.