[mythtv-users] Lots of mythpreviewgen processes left running on MBE

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 05:48:51 UTC 2010

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 9:13 PM, Tom Lichti <redpepperracing at gmail.com>wrote:

> I have what I hope is a good backtrace. I just attached to the process
> then ran 'thread apply all bt full'
>
> The backtrace is posted here: http://pastebin.ca/1943288
>
> Who should be looking at it?

Thanks.  Looks good.  I'm confused as to what its issue is precisely.  If
you could attach again, go to thread 2, and go up one level (to the __poll),
and "print *fds" and/or "print fds" so we can find out what file descriptor
it's blocked waiting for...  then do (from the command line) "lsof -p pid",
subsituting in the process id for "pid".

It seems that we are trying to shut down a thread, but the thread won't shut
down as it's waiting on something.