[mythtv-users] how to control 2 STB boxes

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sun Sep 19 01:18:10 UTC 2010

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 10:52 AM, Chris Tepe <cstepe at ctdataservices.com> wrote:
>  On 9/15/2010 3:54 PM, Jarod Wilson wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 2:21 PM, Chris Tepe<cstepe at ctdataservices.com>
>>  wrote:
>>>
>>>  Insight Cable in Northern Kentucky is going all digital.  This will
>>> require
>>> me to attach a set top box to each of my PVR-250's. (Serious Bummer).
>>> What equipment do I need to control each of these boxes independently and
>>> how do I set it up.  I see instruction for controlling 1 but not much on
>>> controlling 2.  I currently run a stand-alone backend, myth version 25469
>>> on
>>> Centos 5 (2.6.18-194.11.3.el5.centos.plus), 2- PVR-250's and an HD
>>> HomeRun.
>>
>> mceusb transceiver. They all have two IR blaster ports on them, which
>> can be controlled independently.
>>
> What part number transceivers work?

All I really have are USB device IDs...

> I found this one on NewEgg
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815144019

...but I do know that one works (I have that among my collection).
Note however that you'll need a rather recent mceusb driver for it to
behave 100% correctly.

This one also works (also have it in my collection):

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16880121002

Also requires fairly recent mceusb for transmit to work.

Outside of those two, pretty much anything usb with two IR blaster
ports on the back is very very likely to be an mceusb device, and will
work with the mceusb driver.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com