[mythtv-users] Multiplex IDs?

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Mon Sep 20 01:19:48 UTC 2010

Jelte Veldstra wrote:
> the dvb_utils "scan" utility did find the three HD
>
>> channels:
>>
>> C116-541:747000000:QAM_256:2304:2305:541  <-- KNBC-HD
>> C116-542:747000000:QAM_256:2368:2369:542  <-- KCBS-HD
>> C116-543:747000000:QAM_256:2432:2433:543  <-- KTLA-HD
>>
>> The channel matching is thanks to Silicon Dust's data for TWC in my area
>> code.
>>
>> But there is no frequency "747000000" in the dtv_multiplex table, so I
>> can't fudge adding the channels in, as there's no multiplex ID for this
>> frequency.
>>

> You could save those three lines produced by scan in a text file. From the
> mythtv-setup utility there is an option to import a channels.conf file.
> Using that option you can point to this text file and those channels get
> added.

OK, looks like I finally got it straightened out.  Tried Jelte's method
first.  For some reason the scanner thought those three channels were
encrypted.  However, I told it to accept them and their "unused"
transports anyway.  I still couldn't tune them, but at least this step got
the multiplex ID into the database.  After this, I deleted the duplicate
channels, made sure all of the fields in the new rows in the channel table
were populated correctly, and restarted everything.  I was now able to
tune the missing channels. :D  Went through the channel table and cleaned
up the oddball new chanid numbers, ran mythfilldatabase.  Everything looks
OK at this point  Keeping fingers crossed.  New DB backed up ;-)

Thanks all for the help.

I hope TWC doesn't pull this again for a while.

Bob