[mythtv-users] Media player suggestions

bhaskins bhaskins at chartermi.net
Mon Sep 20 13:20:09 UTC 2010

I'm looking for a media player/streamer box for what is essentially my
wife's Samsung LCD.

The current target is the Masscool/Patriot Box Office but any other
suggestions would be more than welcome.
A Blueray player with ethernet might even be an option but I have not
been able to find out
much about these.

Now the big question is if any/all of these will do the skip forward and
back, pause, etc from the supplied remote when used with an existing
myth backend.
This would be a wired box.
It would be a major! added bonus if the box was linux "hackable".

I almost always have one of my (several) Thinkpads up and running so
that could do any additional administrative functions.

Thanks,
  Bert