[mythtv-users] What determines whether the "Optical Disks" frontend menu appears?

George Poulson george.poulson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 12:00:42 UTC 2010

I have two front-end boxes, one an Acer Aspire Revo and one a 'home-brew'
based on a Zotac IONITX board. Both are (as of yesterday :) ) running trunk
updated from the Mythbuntu daily builds archive.

Neither system has ever had any CD or DVD drives attached, yet the Revo
displays the "Optical Disks" menu ("Play DVD, Play VCD, ...") but the Zotac
system doesn't.

The behaviour was the same running 0.23, so I guess it is more to do with a
configuration setting somewhere, but I can't see any significant differences
between the two systems.

Anyone any ideas?

George