[mythtv-users] I'm obviously missing some detail about scheduling & priorities...

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Sep 21 21:56:41 UTC 2010

  On 09/21/2010 03:37 PM, Douglas Peale wrote:
> On 09/21/2010 11:31 AM, David Engel wrote:
>> Sign.  No.  Please read
>> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-12.html#ss12.6.
> That link was very helpful, I wish I had run across it sooner.

Yeah, the guy who posts that link (and its parent,
http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-12.html ) to the list once a
week or so has really been slacking off.  We may need to find a
replacement for him, if he's not going to do his job...

>   I had been looking in the Wiki for this information and not
> finding it.
> It appears my system is mis-configured for what I want it to do, and I must make some changes.

Yes.  Anyone who uses any priority other than recording rule priority
should read and understand all of section 12 of the HOWTO.

I have the pop-quiz patch nearly complete--it will quiz you on various
aspects of section 12 before allowing you to change any channel, input,
or other non-recording-rule priority.  :)  Don't worry, the scores will
be reported directly to me--not posted on the list.

Mike