[mythtv-users] Hauppauge Lirc setup and new mythtv install

Brian White bjwhite at columbus.rr.com
Wed Sep 22 00:31:27 UTC 2010

Jarod,

FANTASTIC!  Thanks so much!   I removed the ir_kbd_i2c module, plopped
the firmware in place and loaded the lirc_zilog.   The hardware was
found and irw read the remote's buttons.   Mythtv is being a little
problematic with lirc as of yet, but I'll get that figured out
tomorrow.   I'm just thrilled the remote is being read (no need for
blaster.)

I had no idea the zilog module was pre-installed with my kernel.  I
just assumed I had to custom build it based on the pages I read.   Oh
well -- live and learn!

Thanks again.   You are such a huge asset to the mythtv community.

Brian