[mythtv-users] LIRC issue with latest Mythbuntu update

Mark Weil mark at martialfit.net
Wed Sep 22 14:39:11 UTC 2010

>You'll also need to make some changes so you don't have to do this manually
on every reboot, but
>as this needs to run before the LIRC modules load I can't say what you'd
need to do on Mythbuntu to
>achieve this.

According to the mythtv wiki
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Ubuntu_Serial_Lirc_Install

..."To ensure that lirc starts up correctly on reboot, add the appropriate
setserial line (without the sudo) to the top of your hardware.conf file. "

An old community doc from ubuntu has a different way of accomplishing this;
I don't know if it's valid for the latest mythbuntu.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InstallLirc/Gutsy#Serial%20IR%20Transmitter