[mythtv-users] Any easy way to set up local HD channels via QAM?

Seth Heckard seth.lists at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 02:28:52 UTC 2010

On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 11:10 PM, Bob <mythtv at cox.net> wrote:
> R. G. Newbury wrote:
>>
>> That looks pretty good. It's the scripts which are the important parts.
>
> If anyone is still following the guide
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Adding_Digital_Cable_Channels_(For_ATSC/QAM_Tuner_Cards_--_USA/Canada)_Rev_1
>
> I found an error making the last script basically useless.  It's fixed now:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Rename_qam.pl

Thanks for the help.  I was able to get at least the video clips
matched to the station.

One last question, when making the CSV file I need a freqid and
serviceid.  Where do I get that from?

Let's say this is from my scan.conf:
C000-141:655782700:QAM_256:1984:1985:141

The only place I know of where frequencies are is in dtv_multiplex,
and I can't find 655782700 as one of them.  What am I missing?

Thanks,

Seth