[mythtv-users] What is mythXML?

Chris Adams rocket at extremelan.net
Thu Sep 23 07:49:30 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 5:41 PM, Chris Adams <rocket at extremelan.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 5:40 PM, David Whyte <david.whyte at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Since I only want to dabble with Android programming I will probably abuse
>> the mythXML pages to do what I want (nothing more than a program guide,
>> upcoming recordings page etc, but with the option to set recordings).
>
> Have you considered skinning mythweb?
> Doing no android programming could be considered dabbling, and mythweb
> is designed for skinning :)

Seems the technical term in mythweb is template, since you want to
change what's presented. Skins seem to offer a CSS sort of a level of
customization - they can't change layouts or hide/show different stuff
like you'll need to on a mobile screen.

The mobile template exists but isn't terribly functional right now. I
bet there's lots of people who'd appreciate any efforts in fleshing it
out! :-)

When it comes to integration in your phone - iPhones can save a URL to
the home page so it looks like an app (but when clicked it loads in
the web browser). Can you do the same on android? If you can do that,
you just made a cross-platform mobile app without doing any android
programming.