[mythtv-users] 2nd (duplicate) tuner card

James Thorpe james at pawsforthorpe.co.uk
Thu Sep 23 18:13:27 UTC 2010

  On 23/09/2010 18:17, Douglas Peale wrote:
> On 09/23/2010 01:40 AM, Terjesen Jens Peder wrote:
>>
>> There have been a few threads on this on the mailing list. I found this one that explains this in more detail:
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/369358#369358
>>
> When you set it up this way, will multiple simultaneous recordings use all physical tuners before attempting to pack multiple
> recordings into a single physical tuner via multi-rec?
Thats the way I read it (thanks for the pointer, Jens) - I'll be
reconfiguring it later once it's not in use!  I don't really mind about
multirec - the way the channels fall in the multiplexes for UK Freesat
means not too much useful overlap.  Where there's regional variations on
one channel for instance, all those regional variations of the same
channel tend to get lumped together - would be much more useful if they
could be spread out over multiple muxs.

Cheers,
James.