[mythtv-users] VLC replacement

Calvin Harrigan charriglists at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 23 20:33:22 UTC 2010

I'm looking for a replacement for VLC.  I've been using VLC for a while
now, completely configured and integrated into my system, lirc, the
works.  I find that it has become a little bit too picky when it comes
to playing certain files, no fast forwards, jumps back to the beginning
on its own, drops audio, all sorts of unsavories.  I've had mplayer and
xine setup, but the subtitling was not cutting it.  Are there any other
players that could be used with decent subtitling and lirc compatible?
Thanks...