[mythtv-users] VLC replacement

Calvin Harrigan charriglists at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 23 20:44:10 UTC 2010

On 9/23/2010 4:35 PM, Tortise wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Calvin Harrigan"
> <charriglists at bellsouth.net>

Sorry about that. Completely forgot to include the version.  1.1.6
running on Gentoo.  Doesn't really seem to have rhyme or reason.
Sometimes avi, sometimes mkv.  It's most likely based on the encoder as
those are just containers. If I had to take a stab, I'd say h.264 was
the ones it's having problems with.  I tried the internal player a while
back. 0.21?  I'm currently running 0.23.1, I'll give it a try again.
Thanks.