[mythtv-users] LIRC installation PVR-350

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Sep 24 01:14:28 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 7:37 AM, barbex <barbex at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I've been pulling my hair out getting the remote control to work and I
> fail. The remote is from the Hauppauge PVR-350 and has worked with
> that very same card before in my old system but I set up a new one
> with slightly more potent hardware.
>
> So far all I'm trying to achieve is to see some things when I start
> irw and press buttons on the remote but there is nothing.
> And yes, I double checked if the cable is connected correctly.
>
> I just list what I checked and then I desperately need some pointers
> what I should do next.
>
> 1. hardware loaded at boot:
> dmesg | grep lirc
> [   18.923335] lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, major 61
> [   19.449060] lirc_i2c: chip 0x0 found @ 0x18 (Leadtek IR)
> [   19.449063] lirc_dev: lirc_register_driver: sample_rate: 10
> So, I don't know, I'm lost here. Did I miss something?

Yes. Note the part where it says "Leadtek IR". :) (It should say
"Hauppauge IR" there, iirc).

This is an issue with an old version of lirc_i2c mated with a
sufficient recent kernel. This was fixed in lirc cvs quite a while
back, so all you need is a newer lirc_i2c (like, for example, the one
in the lirc 0.8.7 release), and it should then work just fine.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com