[mythtv-users] how to control 2 STB boxes

richard Woelk richardwoelk at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 01:50:23 UTC 2010

  On 09/15/2010 12:21, Chris Tepe wrote:
>  Insight Cable in Northern Kentucky is going all digital.  This will require me to
> attach a set top box to each of my PVR-250's. (Serious Bummer).
> What equipment do I need to control each of these boxes independently and how do I set
> it up.  I see instruction for controlling 1 but not much on controlling 2.  I currently
> run a stand-alone backend, myth version 25469 on Centos 5
> (2.6.18-194.11.3.el5.centos.plus), 2- PVR-250's and an HD HomeRun.

Does your set top box have the option to change IR code set?

I currently run two satellite receivers off one LED on my MCEUSB blaster. I have two
channel change scripts, mapped to two HD-PVRS. one sends out remote ID 0001 and the other
is ID 0002
It works excellent. There is no issue of collisions because mythtv backend waits for one
channel change to finish before starting the next.

- Richard