[mythtv-users] How do I correct channel info?

Quinten Steenhuis qsteenhuis at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 19:54:58 UTC 2010

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 2:11 PM, Andrew Close <aclose at gmail.com> wrote:
> I used xmltvid info from TVGuide.com/SchedulesDirect/zap2it and
> MythWeb to update all the xmltvid fields for the channels I have,
> however, I can't get ABC (WLS 7 in Chicagoland) to tune correctly.
> I have xmltvid = 11653, which the 3 sources mentioned list as the
> correct xmltvid for my provider, WOW Cable. When I record on ABC I get
> an ABC News feed instead of the WLS 7 feed I want.  This was quite
> annoying during the final season of Lost. ;)
> The majority of the columns I left their default values.  I've only
> updated xmltvid = 11653, channum = 7, callsign = WLS and name = ABC.
> The rest of the fields remain as populated from my channel scan.  Any
> suggestions on what I have overlooked or screwed up?

XMLTVID is the internal identifier MythTV uses to pull the correct
channel listings from SchedulesDirect. It is not the frequency that it
uses to actually record the broadcast.

Sounds like you gave the ABC News feed channel--whatever it is--the
XMLTVID for the ABC regular broadcast signal. In other words, the
problem is probably that you have the XMLTVID you want associated with
too many channels.