[mythtv-users] Eject Keybinding and aspect ratios

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Fri Sep 24 22:11:06 UTC 2010

Ray Parrish wrote:

> When I ran 0.21, I mapped the global "Eject Optical Media"
> function to a key, then configured LIRC to send that key with a remote
> press. When I run 0.23-fixes (mythbuntu), pressing the mapped key does
> not automatically eject media. It also generates no messages in
> mythfrontend.log.

You would need to run the frontend with
	-v media
or maybe
	-v media,extra
to see anything.

> Was this feature removed?

No, but I haven't tested it in a while :-)

It is possible that the OS has some process which is
mounting and locking the disc, and that is preventing
MythFrontend from ejecting it, or maybe that the drive
and OS cannot detect the drive's status.

Try the EJECT menu button (in the Optical Menu) to check
the former.

Mail me -v media,extra and dmesg output for the latter.

Note that, as a workaround, you can always edit
the menu to invoke a command, like:

      <action>EXEC sudo eject -r /dev/hdd</action>

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|"Beware - I am a carrier|
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia |          of surrealism"|