[mythtv-users] How do I correct channel info?

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 04:05:59 UTC 2010

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 2:54 PM, Quinten Steenhuis <qsteenhuis at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 2:11 PM, Andrew Close <aclose at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I used xmltvid info from TVGuide.com/SchedulesDirect/zap2it and
>> MythWeb to update all the xmltvid fields for the channels I have,
>> however, I can't get ABC (WLS 7 in Chicagoland) to tune correctly.
>> I have xmltvid = 11653, which the 3 sources mentioned list as the
>> correct xmltvid for my provider, WOW Cable. When I record on ABC I get
>> an ABC News feed instead of the WLS 7 feed I want.  This was quite
>> annoying during the final season of Lost. ;)
>> The majority of the columns I left their default values.  I've only
>> updated xmltvid = 11653, channum = 7, callsign = WLS and name = ABC.
>> The rest of the fields remain as populated from my channel scan.  Any
>> suggestions on what I have overlooked or screwed up?
>
> XMLTVID is the internal identifier MythTV uses to pull the correct
> channel listings from SchedulesDirect. It is not the frequency that it
> uses to actually record the broadcast.
>
> Sounds like you gave the ABC News feed channel--whatever it is--the
> XMLTVID for the ABC regular broadcast signal. In other words, the
> problem is probably that you have the XMLTVID you want associated with
> too many channels.

hmm, ok.  but i only have 10 channels and this is the only channel
with that xmltvid.  so i don't think i have too many channels
associated with a specific xmltvid.
is there a way to determine the correct frequency?  i never changed
the freqid which is 94.  i believe this was set by the original
channel scan.

--
Andrew Close