[mythtv-users] How do I correct channel info?

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at comcast.net
Sat Sep 25 06:12:58 UTC 2010

On 09/24/2010 09:05 PM, Andrew Close wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 2:54 PM, Quinten Steenhuis <qsteenhuis at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 2:11 PM, Andrew Close <aclose at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I used xmltvid info from TVGuide.com/SchedulesDirect/zap2it and
>>> MythWeb to update all the xmltvid fields for the channels I have,
>>> however, I can't get ABC (WLS 7 in Chicagoland) to tune correctly.
>>> I have xmltvid = 11653, which the 3 sources mentioned list as the
>>> correct xmltvid for my provider, WOW Cable. When I record on ABC I get
>>> an ABC News feed instead of the WLS 7 feed I want.  This was quite
>>> annoying during the final season of Lost. ;)
>>> The majority of the columns I left their default values.  I've only
>>> updated xmltvid = 11653, channum = 7, callsign = WLS and name = ABC.
>>> The rest of the fields remain as populated from my channel scan.  Any
>>> suggestions on what I have overlooked or screwed up?
>>
>> XMLTVID is the internal identifier MythTV uses to pull the correct
>> channel listings from SchedulesDirect. It is not the frequency that it
>> uses to actually record the broadcast.
>>
>> Sounds like you gave the ABC News feed channel--whatever it is--the
>> XMLTVID for the ABC regular broadcast signal. In other words, the
>> problem is probably that you have the XMLTVID you want associated with
>> too many channels.
>
> hmm, ok.  but i only have 10 channels and this is the only channel
> with that xmltvid.  so i don't think i have too many channels
> associated with a specific xmltvid.
> is there a way to determine the correct frequency?  i never changed
> the freqid which is 94.  i believe this was set by the original
> channel scan.

Cable providers are notorious for playing musical channels. Use "Watch TV" to verify that that channel is still what you think
it is.
If this is a digital channel, don't mess with the frequency ID, you can't fix it that way, either rescan or use one of the other
methods someone else will certainly chime in with.