[mythtv-users] "Stuck" Recording In Mythweb

Erik Sejr esejr at wildroseinternet.ca
Sun Sep 26 06:38:32 UTC 2010

 On 9/25/2010 7:51 PM, Nick Rout wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Erik Sejr <esejr at wildroseinternet.ca
> <mailto:esejr at wildroseinternet.ca>> wrote:
>

>     >>   Hello,
>     >> My mythweb has been acting a little strange for some time now.
>     Under the
>     >> upcoming recordings list, a show appears as "Currently
>     Recording" since
>     >> September 12. It is not currently recording anything, as the
>     machine has
>     >> a single source for recordings and is otherwise working
>     normally. This
>     >> recording does not appear in the "Watch Recordings" selection
>     menu on
>     >> the front end, nor does it appear in the "Upcoming Recordings"
>     list on
>     >> the frontend.
>     >>
>     >> If I click the link "Currently Recording: Edit" in mythweb I
>     get brought
>     >> back to the listings page, and the error "Warning: Unknown
>     Program" pops
>     >> up. The same happens when I click the link for the title of the
>     program.
>     >>
>     >> Is there any way to remove this "stuck" recording from mythweb?
>     >
>     > Restart mythbackend.
>     >
>     > Mike
>
>     Mike,
>     Thanks for the suggestion, the machine (mythbackend included as it
>     is a
>     frontend/backend combo box) has been restarted a number of times since
>     the 12th for various reasons (eg. power outages) which are relatively
>     common where I live, this has had no effect on the issue however.
>     I was
>     thinking it was probably something stuck in the database that
>     shouldn't
>     be there, but I'm not sure where to look for it in there.
>

> you probably need to repair the database. there is an option in mythweb

Nick,
Thanks for the suggestion, I had not tried that yet. I found that option
- all the tables showed as OK. I did an "extended check", all tables
came back as OK. I backed up the database and tried to repair just for
the heck of it - but according to mythweb the show from Sep 12 is still
being recorded. I can't find it anywhere in the database after looking
for several hours through both the dump and the mysql console. I have no
idea where MythWeb is getting this from and i'm having a hard time
following the code back to the MySQL queries/API calls it uses to get
data into $shows in the ./mythweb/modules/tv/tmpl/default/upcoming.php
file (assuming i'm even looking in the right file).

Regards,
Erik