[mythtv-users] Artwork Caching?

Christopher Kerr mythtv at theseekerr.com
Sun Sep 26 23:13:16 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Just a query about MythVideo - I'm sure that in older versions, Video
Artwork was stored in the theme cache, and this seemed to be a good
thing - there was no lag in displaying and redrawing artwork.

Now I've noticed (with a recent trunk build - sorry, I can't SSH from
work, but it was a fresh build last night) that artwork is slow to
redraw when scrolling, and it appears that it's retrieving it from the
Storage Group on the MBE every time. This is annoying - I enter
MythVideo, wait for the covers to load, move to the next item in the
list, wait for it to load again but with the rollover zoom applied,
and so on.....I can then scroll back and forth between those items
without lag, until those items have scrolled offscreen - if I return
to the top of the list, it loads them again.

If this isn't a known issue (it occurs to me that it might be the
result of changes to MythUI or using Storage Groups for Artwork) then
I'll post logs when I get home this evening.

Regards,
Chris