[mythtv-users] how to avoid concurrent multirecs of the same program on hd and sd channels?

Evuraan evuraan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 05:51:34 UTC 2010

Greetings,

I've a hdhomerun with multiple virtual tuners on 0.23;

if the same program is on two channels (hd & sd) how can i make it
record just one and not two at the same time?

here's a bit more detail:

<snip> // from mythweb listings page //
16_1 (KONG-HD) 	Sounders FC Weekly 	Pete Carroll Show 	Murder on Her Mind
16_2 (KONG-SD) 	Sounders FC Weekly  Pete Carroll Show  	Murder on Her Mind
</snip>

the above ends up in concurrent multirecs of the same program on both
those channels. See screen-shot : http://3.ly/uwAH

as you probably inferred from the screen-shot, i dont need both items
to be recorded - ideally i would want to record from 16_1

How can this be achieved (other than me constanly evaluating Upcoming
Recordings) ?

Any pointers will be much appreciated - many thanks in advance.