[mythtv-users] DISH requiring manual input, was: OT: Google - big brother? or I going mad?

Mark Goldberg marklgoldberg at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 00:00:59 UTC 2010

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 02:19:37PM -0600, Brian Wood wrote:

> But I am seeing more and more "press select" messages on my DISH receiver, which of course screws up automated recordings.

Have you tried this channel change script? It has not failed for me in
4 months for a scheduled recording. Live
TV has messed up rarely, like twice, I think when there are two
channels with the same number, one SD and
one HD and only the SD one is active and you are changing to the next channel.

I'll have to apologize that I have not figured out how to update the
Wiki to include this.

Mark