[mythtv-users] Fresh mythbuntu install, database backup, now its a slave backend?

Steve stevemyth at priorityelectronics.com
Tue Sep 28 04:32:14 UTC 2010

> OK, i checked out the log and found a permission issue, and now that
> is resolved.
>
> With those two issues now resolved, case closed. (unless I find more
> issues)
>
> -Thanks for the help
> -Steve

OK, now there are a few more issues:

1. Since I did a fresh install, I assumed I had backups of my db. Well,
the backups I have are a few months old. I know, I know, i should have
checked. Anyhow, I still have the mysql folder backed up as well. So is
there a way to simply use those data files?

It's the folder /var/lib/mysql where all the database files are stored.

So I tried to simply stop the mysql service, move the files from my
backup /var/lib/mysql folder into the fresh install's /var/lib/mysql
folder, and restart the service, but that did not work. It says all the
tables are read only.

Any ideas?

2. The second issue is vdpau. i have a Nvidia 9500 and vdpau does not
work. I run sudo nvidia-xconfig and it tells me to reboot. When
mythbuntu reboots, it boots into some type of safe mode and i'm not sure
what to do.

Any ideas on that one?
-Thanks all