[mythtv-users] Perpetual recording with MythTV?

jeetu.golani at gmail.com jeetu.golani at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 06:44:12 UTC 2010

Hi Nick and all,

Sincerely appreciate the help.

Yes setting up a xmltv program guide this way could solve my problem of 24x7
recording. Thanks :)

I suppose auto-expiring these programs wouldn't be an issue either.

This still leaves me with the following required features

- Facility to pull out recorded footage based solely on time slice - start
time - end time.
- Transcode the pulled out clip with a timestamp.
- (Optional but desireable) The ability to add metadata to this pulled out
clip such as Title and to be able to search clips that have been pulled out
in the past.

I know transcoding can potentially be done using a user job?? though I
haven't tried setting this up. How to pull out recorded footage solely on
time slice is the one that baffles me...any ideas?

Another Sillyname:
>> Or use zoneminder

This could be a good direction to look at, I suppose CCTV footage would have
(some) similar requirements. Do u mean Zoneminder itself or the Zoneminder +
MythTV.combo?

Thanks so much for all your help - sincerely appreciate any pointers on how
to get MythTV to fulfill the above features.

Regards,
Jeetu
http://ebrain.in
- An open source initiative to pool in over a mesh network and use software
on any laptop,handset or other device around you.
*Developer code now released*