[mythtv-users] KWorld DVB-T PC160-2T Card Not Responding to probe

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Tue Sep 28 13:18:40 UTC 2010

On 28/09/10 13:17, Anthony Rooney wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am advised that the KWorld DVB-T PC160-2T is supported since kernel
> 2.6.28 however the Add card Device function of MythTv 0.23 shows it does
> not respond to probed information.
>
> http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Afatech_AF9015
>
> I was of the impression if it was supported you did not have to load a
> special driver. What do I need to do to have this DVB-T dual card
> recognized by MythTv on Ubuntu 2.6.32. It appears the system does not
> know the PCI card is installed and connected to a live antenna.
>
> Many Thanks
>
> Anthony

I have the TwinHan 704J usb device, as listed.  It seems to have
problems in twin-tuner mode and I use it as my third and fourth multirec
device.  I'm running f12, 2.6.32...   Do you have firmware installed?
Details  in your reference.

For dmesg | grep firmware I get (in part)

af9013: firmware version:5.1.0
af9013: firmware version:5.1.0

and dmesg | grep 9015

yields   usbcore: registered new interface driver dvb_usb_af9015

which may not apply for a PCI card

HTH

John P