[mythtv-users] Whole "watch recordings" section empty but recording rules still in place and working

OLO m3mys3lf4ndi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 07:44:10 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 2:53 AM, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:

> [...]
>> etc.) Live TV also works fine. All recordings are physically on my hdd as
>> thats the only way to watch them now.
>>
>> Any more ideas what it might be?
>>

> This sounds like it is purely a mysql problem.
>
> It is "mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg"  you need one space before the
> username, and NO space before the password.
>
> I presume you have run 'optimize_mythdb.pl' and that the tables have been
> found to be good.
> In which case it is an access issue.
>
> FIRST.
> Run 'dh -h' and make sure that your /var partition is not full. If /var is
> in the '/' partition, when things fill up, the box crashes. If /var is on
> its own partition, mysql stops working, but myth (and the OS) don't seem to
> crash... but it stops working properly!. (A good reason to have your mysql
> databases NOT in the /var partition).
>
> SECOND.
> Since you can get to mysql console as root, then run:
>
> mysql> use mysql;
> mysql> select host,user,password from user;
>
> You should see something like:
> +-------------------+--------+------------------+
> | host              | user   | password         |
> +-------------------+--------+------------------+
> | localhost         | root   | 1b3ab4920bfa6d2a |
> | 192.168.1.81      | root   | 1b3ab4920bfa6d2a |
> | localhost         | mythtv | 0476fc026afffe24 |
> | 192.168.1.81      | mythtv | 0476fc026afffe24 |
> +-------------------+--------+------------------+
>
> Obviously the password is a hash.
>
> If you don't see an entry for mythtv, then you need to re-run the mythtv
> user set script mc.sql again, (or set up a 'mythtv' user in mysql from the
> command line).
>
> THIRD.
> If those check out, then:
> mysql> use mythconverg;
> mysql> select distinct hostname,count(hostname) from settings;
> +-------------------+-----------------+
> | hostname          | count(hostname) |
> +-------------------+-----------------+
> | tor6.mandamus.org |             448 |
> +-------------------+-----------------+
> 1 row in set (0.01 sec)
>
> If you see '1 row in set', then you do NOT have a duplicate hostname. One
> problem avoided.
>
> FOURTH
> mysql> select value,data from settings where value like "%ServerIP";
> +-----------------+--------------+
> | value           | data         |
> +-----------------+--------------+
> | MasterServerIP  | 192.168.1.81 |
> | BackendServerIP | 192.168.1.81 |
> +-----------------+--------------+
> 2 rows in set (0.00 sec)
>
> On a BE/FE system, these should be the same, and there should NOT be
> duplicate 'value' entries.
> quit mysql
> FIFTH
>
> At the console:
>
> # less /etc/hosts | grep tor6.mandamus.org
>
> using the hostname listed in 'THIRD' above.
> If all this checks out, from the mysql end then you must done the

ad. FIRST

still got some space left (it fills up slowly as the backend is recording
but when problem ocured there was much more space)
 df -h
/dev/sda1             227G  210G  5.2G  98% /

ad. SECOND
Looks ok to me
+-----------+------------------+--------------
| host      | user             | password                                  |
+-----------+------------------+--------------
| localhost | root             | *734F96084C
| terranova | root             | *734F96084C
| 127.0.0.1 | root             | *734F96084C
| localhost | debian-sys-maint | *8B993C
| localhost | mythtv           | *ADEB9DF9
| %         | mythtv           | *ADEB9DF9
+-----------+------------------+-------------

ad. THIRD
again, seems ok

+----------+-----------------+
| hostname | count(hostname) |
+----------+-----------------+
| mythbox  |             450 |
+----------+-----------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

ad. FOURTH
There might be some problem, duplicate entry?
+-----------------+-----------+
| value           | data      |
+-----------------+-----------+
| BackendServerIP | 127.0.0.1 |
| MasterServerIP  | 127.0.0.1 |
| BackendServerIP | 127.0.0.1 |
3 rows in set (0.00 sec)

ad. FIFTH
Theres different IP address in here then i thought it should be:
less /etc/hosts | grep mythbox
127.0.1.1    mythbox

Thanks a lot for Your help

Two rules for life:
1. Don't tell people everything you know.
2.