[mythtv-users] Encoder disappears

barbex barbex at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 12:34:57 UTC 2010

> Err, does it happen only right after boot?

Hmm, I'm not sure, I think it happened once after I had explicitly
checked for it after boot but I'm not 100% sure, I'm fiddling so much
on this machine right now.

> When it happens can you use cat /dev/vidoe1 > /somewhere/to/store/test.mpg?
> prefferably as the same user as the backend?

I'll try that next time, it hasn't happened the last 5 times I booted.
One of the weird things with mythbuntu (next time I do it all one
after another again) is that it makes the mythtv user a system user
and I log in under a different user. I'm not sure whether the mythtv
user or my user are opening /dev/video1.

> There's no other program using the tuner? If that's first before myth get's
> there, it gets locked.

No, to the best of my knowledge, this system is supposed to do only
mythtv, nothing else should be trying to use that TV-card.

Thanks for your help.