[mythtv-users] Storage Group issue when running a slave backend

Bob Cottingham bobnvic at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 19:44:53 UTC 2010

I'm running current trunk on my master and slave backends and have an
issue whenever the slave backend is connected. I never experienced
this issue before upgrading to trunk.  I believe I've set up the
storage group directories properly according to recent emails on the
list from Michael T Dean and on the wiki.  The storage groups are as
follows:

 /var/mythtv/tv/recordings/
 /var/mythtv/tv2/recordings/
 /var/mythtv/tv3/recordings/
 /var/tv/recordings/
 /var/tv2/recordings/

 The first three are on the master backend and the last two on the
slave backend. All are defined in the master backend only.

Without the slave backend running the master backend will consider
/var/tv/recordings and /var/tv2/recordings, say they don't exist and
record on one of the other directories, however when the slave backend
is connected it tries to record to /var/tv/recordings on the master
and fails (directory not found).  This only seems to occur with the
recordings from my HDHomerun and only when scheduled.  I can start
Live TV and go to a channel on the HDHomerun just fine.  Recording on
my PVR-250s do not have an issue.

I commented and attached logs to ticket #7608, however I'm now
thinking it should haven been a separate ticket.  Does any one have
any idea why I would experience an issue like this?

Thanks,
Bob C