[mythtv-users] KWorld DVB-T PC160-2T Card Not Responding to probe

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 12:01:28 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 8:31 PM, Anthony Rooney <rooneyo at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> Hi Josu
>

> Thanks a lot for your helpful suggestions which are most appreciated.
>
> Are you suggesting that I can use the firmware for the USB tuner with my PCI
> KWORLD 160?
>
> What is still confusing me is why LinuxTV says it is supported by my Kernel
> version however this discussion list suggests I need to install firmware.
>
> Do I need to use make install or  ./configure then make and make install?
>
> No one has clarified what steps I need to take and why the reference I
> provided says this card is SUPPORTED by 2.6.28 or later Kernels.  What does
> supported mean and I do not understand?
>
> Thanks again.
>

> Regards
>

> Anthony

Hi Anthony,

I thought I gave pretty concise steps in how to enable the drivers for
your card.

Yes, your card is supported (assuming you are using mythbuntu and it
is 9.10 or 10.04 as you suggested.  Since these drivers are not 'free'
as in open, they need to be enabled as an add-on to ubuntu I believe.
Follow my set of instructions that I posted last night and let us know
how you go.  We can move forward from there.

Cheers,
Whytey