[mythtv-users] everyday i have to make sure myth worked the day before

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Fri Apr 1 11:16:27 UTC 2011

On 1 April 2011 21:01, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:

> There used to be a time when my wife would accuse Mythtv of not
> recording something it was supposed to and without even questioning it I
> would defend Mythtv and say, if it was supposed to record it, it did.
> And every time I was proven correct.
>
> Lately however, I spend a few minutes every single morning looking over
> the "Upcoming Recordings" schedule for the previous 24 hours (which I
> keep open in a browser window and keep a day or 3 "behind" since there
> is no way to ask Mythweb for what the schedule was in the past) and make
> sure that everything that was supposed to record did and was recorded
> completely.
>
> And sadly, every few days I have to go report to my wife when something
> that was supposed to record didn't, for no fault of our own, but due to
> mythbackend locking up and/or having to be restarted so that a frontend
> can communicate with it, etc.
>
> Every time this happens it gets harder and harder to continue selling
> how we should keep using it and how we should not slide back into the
> ugly mode of scheduling our lives around when television shows are
> airing so that we can sit down in front of the television while the show
> is airing to make sure we don't miss it.
>
> b.

You can look at the mythweb Listings in the past back as far as a week I
believe, if should also show you which episodes you've recorded also.

I usually never had backend lockups normally only the frontend, you didn't
mention what versions and what distros and what tuners on what hardware your
running....

Cheers,

Anthony