[mythtv-users] PVR-250 remote control: compatible with PCTV-800i interface

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Sat Apr 2 02:13:19 UTC 2011

On 11-04-01 02:54 PM, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Mar 29, 2011, at 4:58 PM, Mark Lord wrote:
>
>> Oh, and what happens when you press and hold a button on one of those
>> remote/receiver combos?  Does it suddenly go into 30 buttons/sec repeat mode
>> like the Hauppauge normally does (before my patches) ?
>
> Not sure. The default for all rc-core devices when a button is held down is
> a 500ms timeout before repeats kick in, then a repeat every 33ms, but some
> hardware ends up reporting up/down/up/down and some hardware overrides these
> values. So, maybe? I'd have to experiment. Its tunable too though (also using
> ir-keytable).

What really happens is this:  ir-keyboard.c has its own b0rked "repeat" logic,
which does not actually work properly, and which interacts rather poorly
with the generalized repeat logic in the input layer.

The result is a total mess, and drives people crazy (to LIRC, nonetheless).
But that's something for the kernel mailing lists, not here.  Sorry.  :)