[mythtv-users] Configuring HDMI sound in Mythbuntu for ASUS GT430

Chris Kapp chris.kapp at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 17:59:11 UTC 2011

On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 1:45 PM, Raymond Norton <admin at lctn.org> wrote:
> How were you able to upgrade to .24? I followed the instructions in the
> center, but I do not see that it actually upgraded to .24. No difference
> in options anyway. Trying to get NVIDIA HDMI sound working too.

Hi,
I installed the MythTV .24 through the Mythbuntu PPA.  I installed the
alsa 1.0.24 update with the following commands:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-audio-dev/ppa
sudo apt-get update

Then using synaptic, I found the linux-alsa-driver-modules for the
release(ubuntu -r) I am currently using.

Here's a website that goes into a lot more detail.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Audio/InstallingLinuxAlsaDriverModules

Once you have alsa 1.0.24 and Mythtv .24, when you are in the sound
settings of myth (sound\general\audo system), you can click the "scan
for audio devices".  From there, I select the
ALSA:hdmi:CARD=NVidia_1,DEV=3.

Chris.