[mythtv-users] Great experience with MythTV

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Apr 3 12:31:53 UTC 2011

On 03/29/2011 08:00 PM, George Mari wrote:
> I thought I would need to remove
> the tuner from the MythTV configuration in mythtvsetup, but I saw there
> was really no option for this, other than "Remove all tuners" - which I
> didn't want to do.

FWIW, the proper way to remove a single capture card from the
mythtv-setup list of capture cards is to select it and hit DELETE (by
default D).

That said, you almost /always/ want to use "Delete all capture cards"
because the order in which capture cards are defined is related to the
order in which cards are chosen for Live TV and the order in which
inputs are connected defines the order in which cards are chosen for
recordings.  (And you should almost never use input priorities to
"adjust" the order cards are used--they don't work that way, or in the
way most users expect input priorities to work.)

I can go from "Delete all capture cards" to having my 4 capture cards
defined and inputs connected on 2 separate backends (with input
connection order alternating between hosts) in 30s.  No one should ever
fear the "Delete all capture cards" step.  Only "Delete all video
sources" affects channels (and requires rescanning, etc.).

So, in your case, since you replaced a DVB-API tuner with a DVB-API
tuner, all worked fine--meaning you didn't have to delete it, so you
didn't need a "Delete all capture cards".

Mike