[mythtv-users] recordings fail without any errors logged

Matt Garman matthew.garman at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 02:00:55 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 5:00 PM, Neil Cooper <neilcoo at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I'm getting exactly the same issues too.
>
> My card is a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 so its not a homerun-specific problem.
>
> I did notice that for some reason certain shows have the problem more often than other shows.
>
> It may be my imagination but it also appears more likely to happen with 1080p digital shows than 720p or analog.

So what do you do about it?  Just live with it?

I have two more cases where it happened:

Fringe - "The Plateau": http://pastebin.com/wiUdajfj

House - "Paternity": http://pastebin.com/s2hmdz8k

For House, there are actually some errors: "frame sync error" and
"Unknown audio decoding error".  This is unique; the others I've
posted don't have ANY errors (at least none that I can see).

Why does MythTV not even create a file?  It's not like I have zero
byte files - I have NO FILE at all.

It's extremely frustrating; worst of all, the wife acceptance factor
is plummeting.  Sort of like the recent "everyday i have ot make sure
myth worked the day before" thread.

Any more hints or suggestions?  Should I file a bug report?

Thanks,
Matt