[mythtv-users] Watch TV 0.24: frontend hang with "waiting 10 ms for decoder lock"

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Tue Apr 5 00:19:14 UTC 2011

On 11-04-04 07:53 PM, Mark Kendall wrote:
> On 5 April 2011 03:53, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:
>> While watching live TV, I had the frontend hang with "waiting 10 ms
>> for decoder lock". Backend still seemed to be working fine. Running
>> .24
>
> I'm guessing from the log output that you're running a pretty recent
> 0.24-fixes build. I had hoped that I'd fixed the last remaining
> decoder deadlocks in the frontend but managed to trigger one the other
> day in live tv. Unfortunately it's proving hard to trigger again and
> hence tricky to fix.

Hi Mark!

On a possibly related issue.. ever since about the timeframe of your
decoder fixes, I've got mythfrontend::VDPAU mysteriously crashing/exiting
during playback of mkv files ("Great British Railway Journeys Series 2 720p").

It generally crashes within the first 60seconds of playback, or not at all.
Dunno why yet, and it's not consistent enough for easy git bisect.

So for now, I've recheckpointed my build to just prior to your decoder
locking fixes.  I'll let know you in a week or two how things are going
with that.

Cheers!